Sunday 21 June 2009

Alice the Extra

Oh I remember now...

(being so fabulous and busy as Auntie is, the insignificant cobwebs that are the details of peripheral acquaintances' decidedly less fabulous lives get easily brushed off and forgotten)

... in a previous non sequitor ramble of yours I recall you mumbling something about having a 'walk on part' on some provincial Community TV channel infomercial. Is that right dear?

I am guessing it was a public service announcement about the dangers of drug use or poor diets in the concrete recesses that often excuse themselves as your 'neighbourhood'

I hope it was effective Alice and you no longer find syringes poking through your letterbox on your return from the late shift at Ralphs

And how is the damp, underwhelming love life Alice dear? Again, I am trying to retrieve some fading references about a 'phone-a-friend' that you had booked for consecutive Saturdays called Eric? Or was it Juan... Ricardo... no sorry dear, Auntie has obviously erased this slightly sordid detail from her virginal consciousness

I do hope you can find a companion soon enough my dear lady. Your sagging nylons and ever more stooping posture will not be getting you any more glances at the local garden store I suspect.

Still, there are multitudes of gentlemen farmers in Auntie's shire - some with their own teeth - and you know your superior lady role model only has to organise a soiree at the wine bar and they'll be queuing up to meet you (and leaving by the back door after they have)

Double chin up old girl. Write soon dear heart... but don't expect a swift response.

I have tea & scones planned at the local estate this PM

Toodle pip

No comments: