Thursday 18 September 2008

Pond Life

Pond Life

My dear disillusioned Alice

I am sure you and "Frank" had a nice time last weekend.

How much does a Manhattan male companion set one back these days?  Did you get the weekend special? I worry about your finances dear... increasing overheads... fading career

On that note Auntie, of course, understands your disgruntlement at my rising star. You're entitled to describe Auntie's new scene as a "small pond" but the fish are gilded and set with precious stones my sweet.  Happily swimming around in a sparkling, crystalline lake of the purest kind are they.

Compared to the algae infested pig trough that your diminutive tadpole of a self is trying to navigate I am quite happy being a big, youthful and vibrant fish.

I do not even have the time to discuss last weekend's festivities.  Auntie and her "long suffering" companion enjoyed VIP birthday celebrations in Hyde Park for a certain, world renowned composer. I would normally never consider leaving my rural estate on a Sunday but of course this 'London season' event was too special for Auntie to miss.

More on that later lovely... Don't want to overwhelm you with the sheet weight of my specialness... I can hear your teeth grinding from here

Toodles

No comments: